Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Review - Hamilton Beech Juicer Big Mouth

This is my personal review of the Hamilton Beech Juicer.  I have not been compensated or influenced in any way from anyone about this review.  I bought and paid for this product myself.  I have used this product several times a week for four months...

In this day and age of cheap junk, it is hard to find something of value.  If I have learned one thing it is not all expensive stuff works, and not all cheap stuff is junk.  However with there being so much junk out there, purchasing something and honestly being happy about it is somewhat rare.

I bought the Hamilton Beech Big Mouth Juice Extractor four months ago from Walmart for fifty dollars.  At the time, I didn't want to spend more money on a juicer because I wasn't sure how often I would use it.  I am glad now that I didn't buy a more expensive model because this one works just fine.

There are several reasons I like this juicer from Hamilton Beech.  First and foremost, I loved the cheap price.  Buying any kitchen appliance that does what it should for $50.00 is a steal!  Second I love the power.  I goes through carrots and celery like nothing.  It doesn't feel bogged down are that it is straining.  Third, like the name implies, I like the big mouth.  It can handle big chunks of vegetables without a lot of pre-cutting.  Third, dis-assembly is very easy for quick cleaning.  Forth, I like the metal latches, instead of cheap plastic.  Fifth, it just makes good juice!

One thing I do not like about the juicer is that it seems like you could accidentally turn on the unit while cleaning it.  I have not tested this, but for safety I always unplug the unit prior to cleaning it. 

If you are in the market for a juicer and do not wish to spend a lot of money, I would certainly consider this one

2 comments:

  1. I love juicing. I did the 10 day reboot from JointheReboot.com after watching the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. I thought after the 10 days I'd put the juicer away but I didn't, for me, because I am not a vegetable fan, it's a great way for me to get in vegetables into my diet. I particularly love the green lemonade mix. If you haven't been to the site you should check it out, it's all free, the recipes and everything. I actually just ordered a juicing book from Amazon that will be coming on Friday, just to get some new recipes to try. You're doing great Paul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I love juicing and I loved that film. I kind of have been lazy about it lately, but thanks to you reminding me, I think I will make some juice tonight. Thanks so much!!

      Delete